The first coat is up!
I REALLY like the color. I’m closing my eyes and envisioning the beautiful blue on top, white bead board on the bottom and beautiful white furniture….ahhh!!! If you’d like to see the sorta-before-pictures, click here.
Sad to say, my progress did take a quick halt when I realized I had an issue with the top window:
With wooden windows, there isn’t an inset on the window seal for mini-blinds. The previous owner had them, as I vaguely remember pulling them down when we moved in. In order for the blinds to open and close all the way, they needed to be pulled away from the window itself…so…..this was their idea of fixing the problem. A 2×4…yup. Anywho, both windows in the room have this “decor” on them. Which means I’ll need Mike’s strong muscle skills to drill them out of the studs.
With that being said, I do want blinds for the room. (I’ve flashed my neighbors one too many times!) I’d like to figure out some type of over-the-window shelf that has a wooden bracket. That way, we can drill a hole into the bracket to hang the curtains and the blinds can sit back on the trim without being visible.
Here’s a picture of where I stopped the paint and where the bead board should go. I think it’s going to be (In the words of Tony the Tiger) GRREEAT!!! <– insert cheesy sense of humor here.